Friday, August 1, 2008

A VERY Special Friend

Ella Cate and her Raffi When the girls woke up this morning I took a picture of them with their very special friend "Raffi". You might also notice that they are sucking on another object of importance to them , their "paci". They are very attached to these 2 security objects, and they seem to have become more attached to these two things this summer...not a good thing I know! I just need to bite the bullet and get rid of the paci, but I believe that Raffi can be around as long as he is needed. I don't expect that they will carry him along on their first day of kindergarten, but he just might be at home in their beds that day, who knows!
The girls got their Raffis as a gift from Chels before they were born. Chels found them on a clearance rack at Hallmark of all places. The girls started to become attached to Raffi around the time they were 6 months old. Raffi went EVERYWHERE with us!! Around the time that the girls turned 1 one of the original Raffis got lost. I called Hallmark headquarters looking for a new Raffi only to find that they did not carry that line of merchandise anymore. I also tried security blankies that were similar to Raffi, but the girls rejected everyone of them, and they wouldn't sleep without him! Finally after lots of time doing "research" I found a tiny embroidery company in Las Vegas that had 1 Raffi (giraffe security blanket) and 2 monkey security blankets that look just like Raffi with a monkey head. I ordered all 3. The girls seemed to see no difference in the monkey and giraffe heads, they call them all Raffi, and with the new set I have been able to wash them alot more often.
Raffi has dried many of tears, rubbed sweet little noses, and been by the girls sides through their daily adventures. It is amazing to me that the little tiny tattered blankie is so close to their hearts!


Emma Claire and her Raffi

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I am so glad that I bought something for them that they will treasure for always!