Friday, August 15, 2008

My Last Day of Summer...

I am feeling very nostalgic today. It is officially my very last weekday of summer. Teacher in service begins bright and early on Monday morning. I have said this a million times before, but how did time go by so fast?! I have really enjoyed my time off with the kids this summer, truly one of the most priceless benefits of being a teacher. We have had lots of fun just being together.

We made many wonderful memories with our good friends this summer. Thankfully we saw alot of Chels, Carter, Brenda, and Colt...and we even got to spend more time than we usually do with Shawna and her boys. We have spent time with Julie and the girls, and Brandy and her kiddos. We are all so thankful for our special friends...I wish that we got to see them as much in the school year as we do in the summer!

We had a fun vacation in Broken Bow Oklahoma, and we got some much needed cleaning out done around our house. Two garage sales later I have been able to clear out some junk that was taking up way too much room in our house. Our second garage sale was just last weekend. Chels and Brenda did it with me, and it was so much fun!

We swam a lot with my mom, Robin, and Uncle Caleb this summer. The little ones are actually swimming pretty well, and they absolutely LOVE the water. They took lessons with Ms. Stacey, and they learned alot. I hope their skills don't get too rusty before next summer.

Since it was our last day together we spent the day at home playing...even though I was more than tempted to hit a few stores since today was the start to tax-free weekend. : ) I wanted to soak up our last minutes of summer. We played every board game that we have, played Power Rangers and babies, read books, and just layed around. Special and fun times!

I am already missing you summertime...please come back soon!!

Carson playing Memory today.


Emmy and Ellie jumping on the bed


Cade was bored today! After coming back from several days at Colt's house he was feeling the letdown of not having a constant companion. : ( He has spent a lot of time with Colt this summer, and he loves being with him. He gets to hang out with a neighborhood full of kids, swim, and it doesn't hurt that he absolutely LOVES every meal that is prepared for him while he is there. I sure wish that we lives closer to Colt! Cade informed me that there were houses for sale in Colt's neighborhood...you know that he wishes that we lived closer!


Connect 4!


After Carson gave Emma Claire a "boo-boo" on her tummy he told her that he was sorry and kissed her "boo-boo".

Ella Cate and her fish that she caught while playing "Go Fish"

Go Fish!


Perfection!


More Connect 4




2 comments:

Fred's Mama said...

What a fun day! You sure do have a cute clan!! :-( Going back to school really isn't fun.

Chelsi said...

We had a fun summer with you guys! I am SO SAD it is over. :(