Sunday, August 31, 2008

Meet the Teacher Night at CLC

Last Thursday night CLC (a.k.a. Children's Learning Center...a.k.a. the little ones' preschool) had their meet the teacher night. The kids knew early on Thursday morning that they were going to get to go to their school and see their new classrooms and visit with their teachers. Technically they all know their teachers that they are going to have this year. The girls' teachers from last year are moving up with them, and Carson's teacher has watched him before during my teacher inservice weeks. Anyway, they were excited all day about going to "my 'cool" as Miss Emmy and Miss Ellie say. Upon arrival into the church parking lot the excitement could still be felt as Carson bragged to the girls that his school was taller than theirs. We snatched a great parking spot and headed into the front doors. When we arrived in the lobby Miss Emma Claire broke into full blown bawling. I picked her up trying to calm her down as Ellie and Carson followed behind. We made our way to Carson's classroom as Emmy's howling continued, mind you I am at "Meet the Teacher Night" by myself as Sam attended Cade's 2 and a half hour football practice! My shoulder was wet with Emmy's tears and sweat as I screamed to ask Ms. Norma a couple of questions. We then headed to Emma and Ella's classroom where we were greeted by their teachers who I adore. The screaming ensued as Carson and Ellie began to play with the fun toys that were out. I decided at this point to make a run to the van to get Emmy's Raffi...maybe he would calm her down so that I could visit with her teachers and she could get familiar with her classroom. As soon as we exited the church Emmy girl stopped crying. We had a little pow-wow at the car where I told her that she was not staying at the school today, but we were just visiting for a few minutes with her teachers. All was well until we entered the front doors of the building. I yelled over howls to inform Miss Alicia that the girls no longer had pacis, while I would have given pretty much anything to be able to stick a passy in my girls mouth at that moment. We then told the teachers goodbye and made a quick exit. I guess it was just a little overwhelming for Emmy. Hopefully Tuesday's drop-off will be a little easier...I'm a little afraid though because today when I was talking with her about school she informed me that she was going to bite her teacher...I'll keep you posted!
The picture at the top was taken when we went out to the van to get her lovey Raffi...Emmy's (in the middle) face tells it all!


Leaving "Meet the Teacher Night"...Ellie is showing off her goodies from her teachers.


Carson is VERY excited about starting school. His favorite buddies Ethan and Ashlyn are in his class!

No comments: