Monday, August 18, 2008

Back to Work...Back to Reality

Today I started back to school, and it feels like I have been hit with a ton of bricks! I am just not ready for the daily grind of having 4 kids and working full time. I hate to complain, but I have just forgotten how hard it is. It all started at 6:00 am (yuk) when my alarm went off, by 6:30 both girls were up! Caden called me constantly throughout the day to report things that the little ones had done, and I decided to clean out my shelves and file cabinets in my classroom, and now my classroom looks like a tornado hit it...one of my workdays wasted. I got home this afternoon and no one had gone down for a nap, Slick (the dog) peed on the beanbag, and Cade had his first day of football practice (for 2 hours...he practices every day this week!) On top of everything else I missed being with the kids today!
Again, I feel like such a loser to rant and rave about how hard my day was, but that is what is on my mind, and blogging about it is therapeutic for me. : )

Another thing that seemed to be therapeutic for me this evening was giving my sweet angel fishies (is it weird that I call them that?) a bath. Their little faces had not been washed yet, hence the dirty faces!

Ella Cate (left) Emma Claire (right)


serious Emmy



Ellies funny scrunch faced smile....this is her standard look that she gives when she says "cheeeese"!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Yes....back to work stinks!!! Your pictures look cute though!!