Sunday, March 2, 2008

A Lazy Low-Key Weekend...

I don't really have anything exciting to write about, but it has been a week since my last post. I've been trying to post at least once a week, so if I don't put something up today I will be falling behind! : )
My title tells you that this weekend was anything but busy, but that was fine by me! We all needed a low-key weekend.
Friday after school we headed to the gym, and I was not called to the nursery to break up any fights between my trio. This was a huge step for us! It seems that lately the gym nursery has become a boxing ring of sorts for Ellie, Emmy, and Carson. The girls get in cat fights (with each other) quite regularly there, and pulling hair is their worst weapon! I know...I am just being paid back for all of the times that I tortured my poor little brother (he still has scars) : (, but it is no fun when you are told daily that your kids got into a fight! After the gym we headed to Spaghetti Warehouse, one of our favorite kid friendly restaurants. Usually we are seated in the back of the restaurant so no one notices when the gang gets out of hand or does things that are not appetizing to watch (El likes to dip the sourdough bread in applesauce). I love our regular spot, but on Friday it was taken. So instead of the back corner we were seated in the middle of the main room of the restaurant. I swear, the whole time people at 4 different tables were staring at us! I felt so anxious...every time I looked up I would lock eyes with random people. Sam noticed it too, but he wasn't bothered by it like I was. One older woman was very sweet. After she had stared at us the whole time she came up to us and told us that she was a twin, and that we were so blessed to have our twin girls. She said that she talks to her twin at least 3 times a day! At least, I know that she was not staring at us because we were disturbing her, the other people that were staring, who knows what they were thinking!? I really shouldn't let it bother me because the kids actually did well at dinner that night, but I just have a hang-up with people staring!
Saturday Sam had to work until 1:00 : (, so we picked Courtney up on the way to the gym. Courtney is 13, and she absolutely LOVES spending time with the kids, and they LOVE her! She kept them entertained in the gym nursery, and there were no fights-yea!! After the gym we headed home for some more playtime with Courtney. Lunch and naps followed. After naps Daddy was home, so we went to play at Hooper Park. Shortly after we got home from the park Nana and Grandad came to babysit! Sam and I had dinner at Chuy's, and we strolled around North Park for a little while. It was a nice evening!
Sunday besides grocery shopping we have done absolutely nothing! The picture at the top of this post was taken this morning when the kids were laying on our bed watching Barney. They were so into the show that they didn't even notice that I snapped a picture. At the moment everyone is napping, and the rest of our day is yet to be planned. I do know that there is a Mav's game that will be coming on shortly. That probably means that I will have to find something to do with the little ones so Sam and Cade can watch at least some of the game. Who knows, maybe I will brave that mall with the 3 of them...if I do that experience will deserve a post all by itself! : )

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

That's pretty much how my weekend was! You should've called me!!

Chelsi said...

That's pretty much how my weekend was! You should've called me!!