Sunday, March 23, 2008

Celebrating our 10th, 4th, and 3rd Easter

I can hardly believe that we have celebrated 10 Easters with Cade! It truly seems like his first Easter was not so long ago! He has grown up so much since that very first Easter, and our family has grown and changed in so many wonderful ways! My little Car-Bear celebrated his 4th Easter today, and the girls are already celebrating their 3rd. Sam and I are so very blessed!
Caden woke Carson, Sam, and me up bright and early (at 6:30 a.m.) so we could all check out the cool things that the Easter bunny had left in every one's baskets. Caden is up with the chickens anytime he knows he is getting a prize! Cade loved his "Glory Road" DVD, Carson was very proud of his new Spider man shirt, and the girls tried on their Barbie princess dress-up dress. The Easter bunny kept it simple, but fun! We then loaded up in the van and headed to spend a
windy and chilly Easter day with Grancie, Robin, and Uncle Caleb. Everyone looked at their Easter goodies, and then we headed to the park for some fun. Here is my sad attempt at a group picture...if those girls would have just cooperated I think that the picture might have turned out ok. Oh well, like my mom always says..."it's documentation". After our fun time at the park we headed back to the house to jump on the trampoline. All of that jumping caused everyone to work up an appetite, so we headed to Golden Corral for an Easter lunch. I know I can hear the snickers. I would have much rather headed to the TX Roadhouse that was right next door. However, after our wild experience at Chili's last Thursday we were looking for quick and simple. Golden Corral was Robin's idea, and it actually worked out great! As soon as we sat down the food was available. The girls had an appetizing array of pizza, spaghetti, rolls, green beans, peaches, Rice Krispies Treats, and ice cream. What a fun Easter!


Cade got this cool shirt in his Easter basket. The girls got precious Minnie Jane Crocs that I don't have a picture of, and Carson got a cool shirt that came attached to a mini skateboard...he loved that!


The group in motion as I attempted to take a picture of them with Tux.


Cade also got this cool dog encyclopedia in his Easter basket. Grancie's dog loving genes are rubbing off on him.


I got this cute swim bag in my Easter basket...I can't wait to carry it to the pool!

Ella Cate hanging out at the park. I remember swinging on this same contraption when I was in 5th grade!


Daddy and Emmy taking a turn.


Pushing my girls on the swings.


Grancie and Cade...you can tell it was pretty chilly!



Everyone walking home from the park.

No comments: