Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Voting in the Primary

I voted in my first primary election today! I know...pretty sad...I am 29 years old, and this is the first primary election that I have voted in! I have voted every presidential election since I have been of age, but I have never been of voted in a TX primary election. I remember voting in 1996 with Chels, we both voted for Bill Clinton. We were so excited...18 years old and brand new voters! I voted again in 2000. Dolly babysat Cade while I went to vote. In 2004 I took a brand new Carson (only 1 month old) in a car seat to vote for George W. Bush. Today I voted last minute! I arrived at the rec center to vote at 6:50 p.m. (the polls closed at 7:00). There were more people than I have seen in quite awhile! Cars were lined up for blocks along the street because the rec was out of parking places. I waited in line for quite awhile...thank goodness that my sweet neighbors just happened to be behind me in line!!! I voted for Sam and me since he did not have a chance to vote. I am definitely not private about who I voted for so I'll tell you we decided to vote for Hillary. I was leaning more to Obama, but since Sam had to share my vote we decided to go for Hillary...he felt stronger about her. I bet Obama wins the democratic ticket, but thankfully I like both of the democratic candidates. I am proud of myself for doing my civic duty. : )

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

and I am proud of you for voting for Hilary! Obama is shady....though I didn't vote!