Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Day # 3 Spring Break 2008

Today we had originally planned to head to The Arboretum in Dallas so that Chels could take some pictures of the kids. However, with all of the rain that we got yesterday and the cool temperatures this morning, we opted to do The Arboretum another day. Instead we did our gym and nap routine, and we took a long walk after naps. I enjoyed just being at home and having some free time with the kids.
Carson really tested the limits to the max today! It just so happened that I caught a bit of the Tyra Banks show on "Birth Order" today. I think that Carson is already starting to show signs of the "middle child". He is such a smart little guy, but sometimes I think that he may be lacking in judgement. I know...he pulls most of his antics for attention, but lately the antics have become more challenging. The afternoon seems to be a difficult time for him, and this afternoon was no exception. On the walk that we took he tried to secretly convince his sisters to throw their juice cups into the huge puddles that had formed in the ditches. They refrained, thank goodness. When Sam had the kids in the backyard this evening he turned his head for less than a minute (he says), and by the time he turned around Carson had dunked his whole body into the plastic kiddie pool that had filled up with rain yesterday...clothes, shoes, and all. Sam stripped him, talked to him, and put him in time-out. Usually time-out and a good "talking-to" work with my little guy, but not tonight! While I was reading the girls a bedtime that he didn't want to sit in on "Baby Colors", the book that I was reading. He told me that he was going to "cozy" with Daddy. Well, on his way to "cozy" with Daddy he squeezed the entire tube of toothpaste that I purchased this past Saturday in his bathroom sink! He knew that when I walked into the bathroom that he was "caught". He ran and hid under the kitchen table with a sly smirk. His punishment was another "talk" and a 7:30 bedtime. Tomorrow we go to the zoo...I am a little nervous!

No comments: