Friday, September 26, 2008

We L-O-V-E The State Fair of TX

We had an AWESOME day at opening day of the "GREAT State Fair of TX"!!! We all took the day off of school and work to have fun at the fair. We have gone on opening day for the past 3 years, and this year I think I can officially call it a Stewart family tradition!
This was the girls' 1st year to come with us, and they truly loved every moment of it! The rides were their favorite part. They wanted to go on all of the rides, and the only meltdown of the day came when I put a stop to the ride-going. I took over 150 pictures in the 5 hours that we were at the fair, so I will let all of the pictures tell the story!


The fam listening to Big Tex talk.


Quick picture next to a State Fair Welcome sign


Carson had his picture taken with this same police officer last year at the fair, so when I recognized him we had to take an updated picture. Carson must have thought that Mr. Policeman was pretty cool because after the picture was taken he walked off doing ninja chops and Power Ranger kicks.


Posing in front of one of the many games on the midway.


Touring one of the beautifully landscaped flower gardens that are on display.


Isn't this cool??

We were watching this cool robot at The Auto Exhibit.


Emma Claire in a Mustang.


Cade in a Mustang GT.


Carson and I posing in front of a cotton candy stand. I never miss the opportunity to have cotton candy at the State Fair! Usually I have a caramel apple too, but I didn't get around to having one this year. : (


Carson munching his cotton candy as we strolled.


Cade enjoyed plenty too!


Emmy snacked on an ice cream cone.



Ella Cate wouldn't stop munching on her sweet treat long enough for me to take a picture!


WE love visiting the food and fiber building! This year they had watermelons that were carved into really cool designs. The man that was carving made the girls a swan and Carson a fish out of a watermelon rind.


Here is Elsie the cow. I couldn't get a picture of all of the kids with Elsie, because we had to move along quickly. Ellie was terrified of this sweet beast!! She was flipping out, like she had never seen a cow before!


Emma Claire loved the calf! I forget his name, but I think that he is supposed to be Elsie's son. He is only 2 weeks old....precious!


Here is the fam learning about how bees make honey. This was particularly interesting to the little ones because they are real into "The Bee Movie" right now. After seeing this display Carson wondered where those bees take their shower "like in the movie"......


Sam and the girls watching "The Flying K-9 Show" (the Frisbee dogs)



Carson, Cade, and Emma Claire watching the Frisbee dogs.


We had a great view of the dogs jumping for the Frisbees into the water!


Our bunch at the petting zoo


Ella Cate feeding a hungry goat


Sam and the little ones walking into the Midway. I always love looking at this sign. It looks like it has so much history.

Cade and Carson went into the fun house together for a mere 20 tickets ($10!!) However, I would pay for it again, they had so much fun together!!


They stopped and waved at us when they were crossing the balcony



Emmy, Ellie, and Carson had lots of fun driving the cars. I thought that it was sweet that they all wanted to be in the same car. I never rode in the same car as my brother on rides. I always wanted my own car...I'm sorry Caleb! : (

Rounding a corner...

The girls cruised a Viking boat...


Cade made Carson a very happy little boy when he won the water shooting game, and let Carson pick the prize. Carson picked a Spider man stuffed toy. He must have thanked Cade 15 times. ; )


Sam tried to win another prize with no success. ; )

After Sam's failed attempt at the basketball game we headed back to the van with bellies full of junk and smiles on our faces. What a fun day at the fair!

1 comment:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Wow! You are one brave soul taking 4 kids to the fair! Ya'll looked like you had lots of fun! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks!