Thursday, September 25, 2008

Night In The Twilight Zone


I definitely had a very strange evening yesterday! The start to Wednesday evening seemed normal. We went to Carson's soccer practice, and we ate dinner at Jason's Deli. On our way home from Jason's Deli Sam wanted to show me a house that he liked. After determining that the house would never work for our family we headed home. Driving down a street near our home we noticed the lights from MANY cop cars. We figured there was a big accident, so we decided we should take an alternate route, but we couldn't. The side street was blocked off. After looking at several signs we quickly realized that the cops were doing a mandatory stop for all cars. They were checking for drivers licenses, proof of insurance, and registration, along with other things I am sure. We were in a bit of a bind because Sam was driving without his wallet...therefore he had no license! When we thought no cops were looking we made a quick swap, and I got in the drivers seat. All was well until I got up to the cop, and I couldn't find my insurance card! I received a ticket for not being able to show proof of insurance, only to arrive home and remember that I had put it in my sunglasses compartment!

My crazy evening did not end there! We had done the nightly bathing routine, everyone was in bed, and I was about to hit the hay. As I was walking into my bedroom I felt something on my back, so I put my hand under my night shirt. A Gecko plopped to the ground and slithered behind the coffee table!!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally lost it! I screamed, stripped all of my clothes off, and could not gain control for a very long time! Sam informed me that I appeared to be in need of psychiatric help, and Slick was going insane trying to save me. Sam felt sorry for the Gecko that he claims I scarred, so he rescued the nasty thing and put him outside. I still get chills when I think about it!!! How gross is it that one of those see through Geckos was crawling up my back??!!

After that I truthfully was scared of what might happen next! Thankfully things got back to normal, and Thursday went by without any crazy happenings. Tomorrow we are all taking the day off from work and school to go to opening day at The State Fair! I am soooo excited! I LOVE the fair! We will try to steer clear of cops and Geckos! ; )

2 comments:

da momma said...

omg! i did a dance like your gecko-dance once but it was a huge roach in my shirt crawling out under my hair! Im sure the guys would freak too!! :) crazy night girl!

Chelsi said...

Wow- what a night! Did you ever figure out why the cops were stopping everyone? Sam and his wallet!
I would freak out if there was a gheko in my shirt too- but like Sam, I kinda feel sorry for him- you probably scared him too!