Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I have a confession...

I am very ashamed to post the news that I am about to post. I am doing it for documentation reasons only...and to get it off my chest.

OK here goes...I gave the girls their passys back this evening out of pure desperation. For the past month and a half (since we took the passy away) we have been dealing with nightly bedtime battles. They usually don't get to bed until after 10:00, even though we are putting them in bed by 8:30. With school starting last week, I figured that they would be so exhausted from their day that they would fall right to sleep, but that didn't happen even though we are well into week # 2 of school. After over a month of this we are all exhausted, and tonight was the straw that broke the camel's back. They are sick with the same cold that I am sick with, and we all needed rest.

Sam works out on Tuesday nights, so the bedtime routine was left to me. After multiple fits and many meltdowns due to pure exhaustion my will power was gone, and I gave in. I went to the closet where the Passy Fairy had hidden all of the passys, grabbed 2 passys, and headed to the girls room. I went into a long drawn out speech about how the Passy Fairy was letting them borrow a passy since they weren't feeling good, and they had to give it back in the morning...blah..blah..blah. I will say that they were overjoyed to see their long lost friend. They sucked happily away, and the sweet sounds of silence filled the room.

Tonight, Ella Cate didn't open or slam the door even once, I heard no screams, giggles, or toys being taken off the shelves. They were actually asleep by 8:10, which has not happened since July!!

I am not going to beat myself up too badly over this. If passys make our nights less stressful then to me it is well worth giving it back to them. However, say a little prayer for me because Sam is still not home from the gym, so I haven't broken the news to him! ; )

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Don't feel guilty! When you're a working mom with 4 kids- three under the age a four years old- you need your sleep! That's too funny that they went right to sleep when they got their passys back.