Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Saturday Night on the Town!!

On Saturday evening Sam and I enjoyed an evening on the town with our bunch! Our fun consisted of a 5:00 dinner at Spaghetti Warehouse (a family favorite), and a trip to Pet Land (a local pet store). We were home by 7:30! You know that you are a Mommy or Daddy if this is what your Saturday night consists of! : )
I was supposed to get to go an a date with Sam on Friday, but Nana wasn't feeling well. Without a backup babysitter we changed our plans, and we ended up having alot of fun!
In the picture above the kiddos are standing in front of Spaghetti Warehouse. Like I said, this restaurant is one of our family favorites. I am embarrassed to say that we usually eat there once a week. All of the kids love eating there, but this is Carson's FAVORITE place to go! I am pretty sure that it is because I was addicted to Spaghetti Warehouse when I was pregnant with him! We went there the day that we found out that I was pregnant, and the day that we found out that he was a boy, and probably twice a week throughout the 40 + weeks that I was pregnant with him!

Here we are in front of Pet Land in Lincoln Square. This is the only "old fashioned" pet store that I know about. The animals are well taken care of, it is clean, and the staff is very knowledgeable, and friendly. The kids think it is a real treat to visit Pet Land!


Emma Claire and Ella Cate admiring a sweet Boxer puppy.


Cade was very fond of the 11 week old Boxer puppy too, so Sam asked if we could play with him in their viewing area. He was ADORABLE, and for a split second I thought that maybe a dog like this would work with our family. I QUICKLY changed my mind as the dog was trying to eat my flip flops, and chew on my freshly painted toe nails!


Cade was so proud to be holding this puppy. I wish that we had a big enough yard and the time for a dog this big. I know Caden would love to have this puppy as a playmate!

Carson liked this puppy that looks like Colt's dog Chloe.


Emmy thought these puppies were funny because they were playing with their water bowl.


Carson and a whole flock of parakeets! ; )


This is kind of sad, but Sam and I got a kick out of this lizard that was trying to scale the wall but was going nowhere! You can see how fast his little legs are moving! He was the only creature that seemed to be annoyed with being in a cage!


Posing on the turtle in front of the pet store...Cade is too big for things like this! : (

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Looks like a fun night! I just love puppies too!