Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rowdy Rodeo Cowgirls!

The Mesquite Rodeo has held a special place in my heart for many years! I spent many of nights at the rodeo as a teenager. My ex-high school boyfriend lived in Mesquite, and I guess if you're from Mesquite the rodeo is a part of life...at least that was my experience. Resistol Arena is full of many of my fun memories! So when the chance came to share this special experience with my girls, I jumped at it!
The boys spent the night with Grancie on Saturday night, so Sam and I decided to spend the evening at the rodeo with the girls. It started out with a dinner (that was fairly relaxing with only 2 kiddos) at Macaroni Grill. The girls thought that it was super cool that they were able to color right on the butcher paper table cloth! After dinner we made our way to Mesquite. Our fun night at the rodeo began...

The girls posed for a quick picture in front of the petting zoo, which was our first stop at the rodeo. The little petting zoo had goats, rabbits, the calmest cow that I have ever seen, and precious baby pigs. The lady that was in charge of the petting zoo was holding a Lemur that was very neat to watch!


Emmy and I inside the petting zoo.


Only minutes after entering the petting zoo I had to hike Ella Cate over the fence to Sam. She was not real fond of the little goats that were bumping into her!


The girls got to try their very first bites of cotton candy at the rodeo. At first they loved it...Ellie continued to sign "more". After several bites they decided that they didn't care for it, and they both wanted to spit a mouthful out! How can anyone that is related to me not like cotton candy?! I could live off that stuff! So...guess who ate the whole bag of yummy pink cotton candy?

After watching many events and participating in one (the girls went out onto the arena to participate in the calf scramble..with Mommy and Daddy of course) we decided it was time for a little horseback riding. Ellie LOVED it (as you can see below), and Emma Claire was not so sure (as you can see above). Emmy made it one time around, and Ella Cate's horsey did about 50 circles. However, they have both talked non-stop about riding a "horsey-neigh" ever since!


Ellie and her daddy


Mommy, Daddy, and the girls in front of the horseys


The sweet little petting-zoo piggys were worn out by the end of the rodeo!


We will most definitely be making trips back to The Mesquite Rodeo!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

That looks like fun! Carter would love to see all of the animals!