Saturday, May 31, 2008

Loving the Great Outdoors!

I am so excited to be finished with school next Friday! I can already tell that this will be a really fun summer for us! All of the kids are so content outside, and they are starting to play really well together! We spent this Friday and Saturday evenings in the yard. Friday the kids "played baseball" with the pitching machine, and Saturday the kids played in their new plastic pool.
The pool has quite a story...I was determined to find the kids a plastic pool with a slide (like I had when I was little). So, after hitting 3 Wal-Marts I finally found it. I carried the gigantic thing to the checkout and to my van all by myself only to find it wouldn't fit in my van! So I had to leave the pool at Wal-Mart and go home and get Sam's truck. I then headed back to Wal-Mart loaded the pool up, and drove 15 miles an hour towards my house. Despite my efforts the pool blew out of the truck. Thank goodness it was on a neighborhood street, and I was able to go into the street and get it. Needless to say the experience was a little stressful! However watching the fun the little ones were having this evening in that pool made the whole experience worth it!!

Carson and Emma Claire showing me their "back float". They will be brushing up on the back float next week when they start swimming lessons with Ms. Stacey.


Ella Cate

The girls playing baseball with Daddy.


Here is Emma Claire with sweet pink cheeks from the heat. There little faces get red after only minutes of being in the heat.


The boys loading the pitching machine.



2 comments:

Chelsi said...

I love being outside too! I can't wait for school to be out. I tried to call you yesterday. Call me if you want to meet up today.

Shawna Nicholson said...

Oh my gosh ERica! the Girls look JUST LIKE YOU!!