Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The girls' 2 and 1/4 years Dr. visit


This past Monday our schools were out for Cinco de Mayo holiday. Finally I was able to get the girls into the Dr's office for their 2 year old appointment! Since I have zero sick days left this school year I haven't been able to take time off from work to take them to their well check appointment. When I called to make the appointment the receptionist assured me that waiting 2 and a half months after their 2nd birthday would not be detrimental.
We arrived at Dr. Davidson's office with pacis and Raffis in hand since our last couple of Dr visits had been less than pleasant (the girls have SCREAMED through our last couple of visits). However, the girls surprised me! The only tears that I saw were from Emmy after she had her Hep-A vaccination, and she only cried a few! Ella Cate didn't cry at all after her shot!! Both girls actually waved and grinned at Dr. Davidson who they despised only a few short months ago.
We did find out that we should get rid of the pacis sooner than later. I haven't decided when that will be, but probably not until school gets out. I don't think that I am ready right now. I fear that it will be a hard separation for both girls.
Here are the girls' most recent stats...
Ella Cate
30 lbs. (80%)
36 and 3/4 inches (97%)
Emma Claire
30 lbs. 14 oz. (85%)
36 and 3/4 inches (97%)

Waiting for the nurse to come in and give them their 2nd part of their Hep-A shot (hence no pants).




Being wild girls! I was standing nearby with my antibacterial wipes! I am sooo paranoid every time we step foot in the Dr's office that they are going to catch something.



Showing off their glittery princess stickers that they were awarded after getting their shot.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Erica,
Thanks so much for being excited for us!!! Since you are clearly in the know when it comes to twinnies, I might be calling on you for some advice in the not so distant future!!!
Your girls are adorable. I am about to engage in the pacee battle with my daugther too. It is not going to be easy!!!
Thanks again!!!