Sunday, May 11, 2008

My Marvelous Mother's Day 2008


Sam and the kiddos made this Mother's Day very special for me!

It started yesterday evening with a shopping trip to pick out my Mother's Day present. I would much rather pick out what I want instead of being surprised! I think Sam much prefers shopping for me this way as well! I decided a new swimsuit and a new outfit for my grade levels awards assembly would be great and useful gifts! I picked out a swimsuit and an outfit that I really like! However, these two things were nowhere near as special as some of the other gifts that I received! I got dishtowels with hand prints on them, a coffee mug with Carson's finger prints and picture on it, a "Love Coupon" book from Cade, a card with Carson's picture inside, and two hand print flowers from the girls. These goodies that the kids made for me at preschool and Sunday school will be cherished forever!

Mother's Day morning I got to sleep until 8:00!! All of the kids slept in because they were up late partying with Nana and Grandad while we were at a graduation party on Saturday night. After a quick breakfast we headed to church.

This afternoon after naps we met Grancie, Robin, and Uncle Caleb at Jason's Deli in Grapevine for dinner. The kids ate a little bit of "good food" and A LOT of ice cream and wallered all over Grancie, Robin, and Uncle Caleb. Grancie and Caleb gave me sweet Mother's Day cards. My brother has been giving me Mother's Day cards since I have been a mommy. I always look forward to his card to me! This rounded out a very special day for me!

Happy Mother's Day to all, and to all a good night! ; )

No comments: