Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Jerry Jeff Concert in Austin

This past Saturday, Chels, Brenda, Gary, and I headed to Austin for Jerry Jeff Walker's Annual Birthday Concert. This is my 3rd year to go with the Wimbish fam to the concert, but Brenda and Gary have been going for basically their whole life! ; ) We headed out Saturday morning in hopes of getting some good Austin shopping in before the concert. When we arrived in Austin we dropped Gary off at the UT stadium for what was left of the scrimmage that was going on. Then Bren, Chels, and I headed to Trudy's for some Mexican Martinis and margaritas on the patio-yum! We enjoyed the great food and nice weather by eating outside and people watching. After our dinner and a couple of drinks we went to the co-op and Barton Springs Mall to shop. All of us bought things for our kids and nothing for ourselves...what sweet mommas we are! ; ) Sadly on our walk through the mall I started to feel really sick. By the time we left the mall, picked up Gary, and headed to the hotel to change for the concert I was laying my head in Chelsi's lap because I felt soooo pitiful. At the hotel I laid down for a few minutes, and Brenda gave me some Pepcid, however things only got worse. Jerry Jeff was 3 songs into his great concert, and I had to head to the bathroom to get sick. By intermission I had to get sick again, and there was a line out of the bathroom door. Brenda had to rush me by all of the ladies in line and tell them I was going to get sick so that I could cut in line. I was so embarrassed, but thankful for my sweet friend that helped me when I felt soooo helpless! Needless to say after the concert we headed to the hotel, and I was asleep by 11:00. I even slept with the TV on, which Sam and Chels will admit that I NEVER do...that's how terrible I felt! I was so sad...I had looked forward to hitting 6th Street for weeks! Oh well, maybe next time! Thanks Chels, Bren, and Gary for being so sweet to me! Y'all have taught me everything I know about Austin...what fun memories!
Jerry Jeff put on a great show!


On the porch at Trudy's


With Bevo at The Co-op

No comments: