Sunday, February 3, 2008

Words About My Weekend

It has been awhile since I posted about a whole weekend, so here I go.... We arrived home from Pa's funeral on Friday evening. The whole experience was very very hard for me. The funeral was only the second one that I have been to in my life, and the first funeral for a very close family member. I hope not to relive this experience for a VERY long time. I know that Pa is in a better place, but it has been hard for me to come to terms with the fact that I can't just pop in his house and hear his voice and see his sweet smile. He has been on my mind nonstop. I have started to have memories resurface that I have never remembered before. A very random memory that surfaced just yesterday...I remembered everything about their motor home that they sold when I was about 8. That motorhome was something that my Pa was very proud of so I am glad that it all came back to me.
One really neat thing happened when we pulled into the funeral home for Pa's viewing on Thursday afternoon. The radio was on the local country station of course, and Alan Jackson's "Small Town Southern Man" came on. This song has been out for a couple of months, and it has always reminded me of my Pa. I sat and cried in the parking lot listening to this song that I will always believe was my Pa speaking to me.
On to a lighter subject...Saturday morning I tried to pose the girls on a bench outside of Gold's Gym. I am desperate for a picture to put on their birthday invitation, but as you can tell they NEVER cooperate!


Saturday afternoon we went to Reese's 5th birthday party. She had her party at her house, and "The Creature Teacher" came and showed off some animals.


Saturday evening I went to Austin's concert at The Door in Deep Ellum. Afterwards we went to eat at Chuy's. Here we are pictured in front of the Apple Store on Knox Street. This was taken only seconds before the random drunk man that we asked to take our picture dropped my camera. From now on this location will give me a great laugh....thanks Brenda! ; )

Sunday morning the kids helped me give Slick a bath. He was sure stinky!


Sunday afternoon we headed over to Alley Cats for some bowling to celebrate Nathan's 12th b-day. The party started at 12 (straight up naptime) so the girls sucked their paci and carried "Raffi" the entire time!






No comments: