Friday, February 22, 2008

My latest deal!

I love getting great deals, and the shoes above just happen to be my most recent steal! My babysitter brought it to my attention that the girls shoes seemed to be bothering them. She said that they complained when she put their shoes on, and she had noticed that their toes seemed red on several occasions. Anyway, the girls and I went on a mall outing on Thursday afternoon. We started off in The Stride Rite Store. I had the man that was working there measure the girls feet, and sure enough they measured a 7 1/2 (which was a 1/2 size bigger than their old shoes). I felt very guilty...why didn't I notice there shoes were too little? Needless to say I decided to buy them a new pair of shoes. However, Stride Rite had NOTHING on sale, and the adorable shoes that I wanted for them were $48 a pair! We decided that we better not spend over $100 on shoes so we strolled elsewhere to look for a better deal. We went to Dillard's first because I have had good luck in the past finding great deals there on kids' shoes. It turns out Dillard's was a good choice. They had marked down quite a few shoes to 75% off. I saw the shoes pictured above sitting right next to each other on a table. They were the only 2 pairs that were left of this particular shoe, and they both just happened to be a size 7 1/2!! They are a Stride Rite shoe, and the regular price was $50. I paid only $11.50 a pair for them! I felt like I had struck gold! I know to some it is probably really sad that this find was so amazing for me, but I am still 24 hours later super excited! Oh the simple joys!!

No comments: