Saturday, June 30, 2012

NYC Trip: Day 1

Back in February, Brenda had the wonderful idea that she, Chels, and I should take a trip to New York City! They had both been before, but I had never been. With all of her wonderful planning that trip became a reality and last Tuesday we left the TX heat for my new favorite city! 
We arrived bright and early to DFW airport for our 7:00 am flight!

It was so exciting to fly into the city that I've always wanted to see!!

Here we are hopping in a cab headed to our hotel!!

 My first glimpses of this amazing city

 After dropping our luggage off at the hotel I took my first subway ride to Central Park!! I was in awe! It looked just like it does on all the movies!

 I took this picture to show my kids this amazing park, which was just one of many!!

 This was a view of an area in Central Park that has carnival style rides! So very neat!!

 We made our way to The Central Park Zoo!

We stopped for a snack in the zoo, and I tasted my first of many NYC cupcakes!! Yummy!! I never let myself eat things like cupcakes, but this trip was different!

 We saw cool animals like this Mongoose...

 and this Snow Leopard!!
We stopped by the gift shop, and I got my girls their souvenier...a Central Park Zoo hat and t-shirt. After that we took the subway back to our hotel to get ready for my first Broadway play!!!

 I saw more of the city as we were walking fast, like New Yorkers, to The Imperial Theatre!

 My first glimpses of Times Square!

 We saw the play "Nice Work If You Can Get It" starring Matthew Broderick!!



 Our seats were great! This pic was taken before the play began, and then I was quickly told by an usher to put my camera away!

 I'm soooo glad that I was with Chels and Brenda because they knew what they were doing in NYC!! Who knew that after the play the actors and actresses came out and signed playbills?! It was soooo cool!
 This is Kelly O'Hara who was the lead actress!

 This is Judy Kaye who won a Tony for her performance

 Michael McGrath..I think he also won a Tony.

 and last but not least.....MATTHEW BRODERICK!!!!!

I was able to get his autograph, and a picture with him!! All I could think about was Ferris Bueller one of my favorite movies of all times! This was the first of our many celeb sitings during our NYC visit!! Celebs and Cupcakes...the real theme of our trip!! :)

After the amazing play and Matthew Broderick we were all on Cloud 9!! We headed to get something to eat and see Times Square in "The city that never sleeps". By this time it was after 11:00, and it seemed like noon with all of the people and lights!

 Times Square!

 CRAZINESS everywhere, but oh so fun!!

 The yummiest pizza I've ever had!!! I was living it up in the eating department!!

 Around 11:30 pm we headed into The Disney Store!! Oh my!! It's massive!! Just like every other store in NYC! Chels bought some souveniers, and then we headed back to our hotel to rest for a bright and eraly start on Wednesday morning!!


 Here is the ball that drops on NYE!! We truly made the most of every moment during our trip!!


No comments: