Saturday, August 13, 2011

Destin Day 5....the trip home :(

Welllllll.....as the saying goes "all good things must come to an end", and sadly enough our Destin trip ended on Friday, 8-12-11. We headed out at 7:30 that morning on our long trip back to Arlington. Brenda snapped a quick pic of me with the girls before we headed down to the car to load up.

Within an hour into the drive home I had given up on the "no food and drinks in the new car" rule. We were careful, but if we were going to get home without going insane :) I was going to have to let them snack!


I snapped some pics of one of the hi lights of our journey....the really cool bridge! I'm not sure what state it's in :), but this was always my favorite part of driving to summer trips in Florida with my Mo and Wiss, and my kids loved it just as much!


This was the only place in our journey that we lost XM radio reception...a definite must for road trips. I'm now spoiled, and my free subscription only last for 3 months! :)

We took some pics over a neat bridge in Baton Rouge Louisiana, cause that's where Nana was born! :)


And 11 hours 12 minutes (driving time) later, we were finally home!! Can't wait for some more beach time...hopefully next summer! We loved our trip!

1 comment:

da momma said...

YAY for beach pictures Im glad I remembered to look! We leave the 2nd for Destin! Your family is so cute!!! whitney