Wednesday, July 27, 2011

July Flew By!!!

I can hardly believe that in 4 days July 2011 will be gone!! :( It truly did fly by! We have kept busy, and I guess that made it feel like it went by really fast! The only pictures I've taken this summer have been on my phone. The phone takes decent pictures, but I should really make more of an effort to take pictures on my good camera! I will for sure take it to the beach with us!!
This month we took several trips to the library! Like the day where Ella Cate dressed herself and picked out a Justin Bieber DVD.

We got a new roof!! The kids watched the roofers work one day before we headed to the pool with friends!

The roofers worked so hard, and despite the horrible heat, got it all done in 1 day!

We've watched lots of J.B. videos on YouTube, but Mommy's favorite is Katy Perry's "Last Friday Night" video! I love it!

Chels found a great pool in Grapevine for us to meet at. Abby napped on my lap in the shaded splash pool! I hope we get to go again before our summer is finished!

Carter and Ella

The girls had a start of the season cheer leading swim party. They were fitted for their uniforms and the practiced some cheers with Coach Kendall! They are so ready to start cheering again!!

I got a new car!!! We weren't planning on it, but my van failed inspection, and it was going to cost $1,700.00 to fix the emissions problem. We didn't want to put that kind of $ in my 6 year old van that had tons of miles, and other cosmetic issues, to say the least. So we said goodbye to the van that drove the girls home from the hospital (I had a few tears), and said hello to my new 2011 Nissan Armada!!!!! I love it! After driving around a 2005 Quest that had no bells and whistles, I now feel like I'm driving in luxury! :)
Sooooooo happy!!!!

We've gotten school supplies, backpacks, and lunchboxes taken care of! The girls didn't want their name monogrammed on their backpacks this year :(, so instead we opted for a Justice backpack with their first initial on it in glitter. They are so proud of it!

The girls had a photo-op with Justin Bieber in the Dillards fragrance department! Ha!!

The girls did an afternoon of cheer camp at the rec, and they loved it!!

I turned 33!!! I woke up to streamers and a happy birthday banner, and I couldn't stop smiling! Sam made my day! I spent the bulk of my 33rd birthday at the Arlington ISD professional development center in training, but my friends that I'm in training with did take me to lunch! :)After I got home from training I got homemade cards, and we headed to downtown Fort Worth to eat! Emma wore her birthday shirt in honor of Mommy's big day!!
It was HOT, but we walked around for a little while before heading into Mi Cocina to eat!


Ella and Mommy at Mi Cocina! After we ate we headed to get yogurt at Yummilicious! My favorite!!
We head to the beach very soon!!! I can't wait to do lots of beach posts!!

3 comments:

Binford Family said...

Congrats on the new car! LOVE getting new cars!! Happy Birthday too! A beach vacation right before we head back to work..... that's the best! See you soon! Oh.. and the sweet baby!! I can't wait until mine gets here!

sara said...

lucky... on the car!! Hope your bday was fun, it looked like it :)
we still need our play date before school starts!!

Chelsi said...

Fun update! Love the girl's backpacks! Can't wait for the beach posts...it's getting soooo close!