Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A First Day of Kindergarten Letter to My Girls

My sweet precious angels, how can it be? In 5 days you will start Kindergarten. I can't believe the time is here. It truly just hit me yesterday that this day was coming. Don't get me wrong, I'm certain that y'all are ready. You are going to be perfect little kindergartners! However, your mama might not be ready to accept that her babies are going to "big kid school".

It seemed like just yesterday that I was getting a sonogram, and the dr told me that I was expecting twin girls. I know it's cliche, but time flies by so very fast. I cherish every single memory I have from that day in October 2005, to the present.

I know y'all will love school! I am beyond blessed that you get to come to school with me. Y'all truly began in Key Elementary!! Ha!! I got pregnant with y'all in May 2005, during my first year teaching at Key. I taught through my pregnancy, until the day before I had you. A week before I had you my tummy was so big I couldn't see my feet, and I tripped while walking up the stairs near my classroom. I have so many good memories of my pregnancy with y'all inside the classroom where I am still teaching!! I always thanked God that y'all were a picture perfect twin pregnancy, and I never had to go on bed rest. My perfect angels, you've always been healthy!

So next Monday, the 2 of you will begin your journey at Key!! Everything is ready to go! We shopped for school supplies and backpacks in July. You both chose the same precious backpacks from Justice, but y'all picked different lunchboxes, and I love that! Emmy, you picked a "big girl style" lunchbox with peace sign hearts, and Ella Belle you really wanted Justin Bieber, but since they didn't have a JB lunchbox you chose a Disney Princess one. I love that you can love JB and princesses at the same time sweet girl! Your "first day of school dresses" came in the mail today! They are precious!! Em yours is pink, and El your is purple. They say "Kindergarten Rocks" in little jewels, and they are precious!! Y'all are so proud of them! The 2 of you decided the dresses would look more fashionable with a belt, so off to Target we went! You both found skinny silver belts that are going to be the perfect accessory to your dresses. Twinkle Toes were both of your choices when it came to finding a new pair of school shoes. They sparkle with every color of the rainbow, and they light up when you take steps. Your daddy worried that they might be distracting at school, but I assured him they were ok...ha!! :)

Looking back on the last few years, I never imagined that things would change so quickly! The days when your pacis and Raffis were the most important things to you, have quickly turned into days where you are dancing to your Justin Bieber cd and fixing your hair by yourselves. However, both of you still sleep with your Raffis. He's a pretty sad creature...tattered, torn, and dirty because y'all don't want me to wash him. It's ok with me if y'all sleep with your Raffis for the rest of your lives. I love seeing you snuggle with him...

I know both of you will exceed every expectation that Daddy and I have for you! Always know that the 2 of you are an amazing blessing to us!!
I love you girls!!!
Love, Mommy


2 comments:

Binford Blog said...

So sweet! Can't wait to see these shoes.... it made me smile when I read the part about daddy being worried they might be a distraction- so cute!

Chelsi said...

Love this letter! I can't believe they are so big either!