Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Drive to Destin!

We headed to Destin Saturday (8-6-11) at 9:30 pm with hopes of driving through the night and arriving in Destin by Sunday morning. However, that didn't work out. By 2:30 am Sunday morning Sam and I were both exhausted!! We stopped in Vicksburg Mississippi at a pretty shady Super 8 Motel and slept til around 8:30 am Sunday morning. We ate the hotel's continental breakfast , and we got on the road to finish the 6 and a half hours that were left of our journey! The first thing we saw on our journey was a grass fire in Vicksburg! I decided to break out the camera for the first time on our trip! I wish I would've captured our wary souls at the Mississippi Super 8!! I don't think any of us have EVER been soooo tired!
It was actually pretty nice to split the trip in half...it made it much more bearable! We stopped in Hattiesburg MI for lunch, and then headed to Destin to meet up with our friends!

Here we are about to cross over the Mississippi River!!

Welcome to Mississippi!!! I was a gung-ho picture taker at that point! :)

Ella
Emmy in the back with Cade (who refused to let me take his pic!)

Carson

No comments: