Sunday, December 21, 2008

Our last night in our first house...

Tonight is our very last night at our house. Tomorrow the electricity will be on at our new house, and we plan on sleeping there tomorrow night. I have been so busy that I have not really had time to be sappy about moving, but it is kind of starting to hit me. Don't get me wrong...I am more than thrilled to have a house with extra space and a huge yard that the kids can play in, but our current house holds so many memories....

23, 28, and 3....our ages when we moved in on New Year's Day in 2002 (me, Sam, and Cade)
75 + weeks....the number of weeks that I was pregnant behind these walls
3....the number of babies that called this their first home
6...Christmas days together
6...pets that have lived here, only 2 of those have made it to the present day (we lost a hamster, mouse, 2 fish, and countless hermit crabs)

6 of the most special years of our lives were spent behind the walls of our sweet little 1st home. I will forever be grateful for the memories that were made here!
I think that the whole moving process has been made a little easier since we will be renting our house, so for now it technically is still ours!

3 comments:

da momma said...

im teary! but its also so exciting! LOVE your new family pic!

Shawna Nicholson said...

I'm so excited for ya'll!! I can't wait for the day we get to leave our first house...it will probably be a while though!!

Binford Family said...

ahh... Merry Christmas Erica, I know it will be a great one for you guys. How exciting! I sent our Christmas card to your new address... I hope it makes it to you.