Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Alot Can Happen in 23 Days!

I am FINALLY posting for the first time in 23 days, and oh my ALOT has happened! During all of this time we have been settling into our new home Internet free! We have had lots of trouble getting our wireless Internet set up. Finally after Sam spent 10+ hours on the phone and took a day off work today, our Internet is up and running! The only part of the Internet that I really missed was Blogger! It was torture not getting to keep up with all of my faves in the blog world, and I missed posting! Thankfully when school started back on January 5th I started being able to sneak a peek at all of the blogs that entertain me on a daily basis....shhhh don't tell! ; )
We had an awesome Christmas break, spending time with Sam's side of the fam before Christmas and all of my side on Christmas day. Sam and I got to go on a date by ourselves on New Year's Eve. We got to have a quiet dinner, and we saw Marley and Me. It was a needed break. ; ) I won't lie and say that moving during Christmas wasn't a little (maybe alot) stressful, but the extra time to get things in order was great. I did NOT document these holidays very well...I guess because things were sooo busy. I took a total of 38 pictures from December 21st-January 13th. That is SO not like me! I can't wait to get back to my old picture taking ways and keep up with my blog!
Here is a quick update...organized in the format of the ABC's of the Stewart's last 3 weeks.. ; )

Adjusting to being back to school after a GREAT holiday
Being made aware by Brenda and my mom that all of the pecans laying in my yard are valuable
Caden's stomach virus : (
Deciding that the people who built this house knew how to create great storage
Eating way too much fat free banana pudding
Giving up the paci's for good on Christmas Eve (Santa took them to babies who needed them)
Having space space and more space...praise the Lord!
I LOVE the holidays...even when they are mixed with moving ; ) I also love my blog's new look courtesy of Cara!!
Jumping for joy when my Uggs arrived at my door...thanks Mom!
Loving time at home with my kiddos
Much needed free time that I had being internet free (amazing how much time blogging takes)
Not knowing any neighbors ; (... but meeting ones that seem nice
One set of lost keys at The Parks Mall..an antic carried through by Mr Carson..Funny huh Chels?
Playing on the new fort
Quiet neighborhood ; )
Realizing how blind and deaf my dog is
Slick falling in my neighbor's pool (see letter R!)
Three hundred dollars spent on a plumber the week after we moved in
Understanding that my kids have trouble sleeping in a new environment..1 hour + to fall asleep!!
Venturing out of my comfort zone in the kitchen (a.k.a. trying to learn to cook ; ) )
Watching the interesting guinea hens that live on our street...weird I know!
Xtra room to live together as a family... ; ) I really am not taking all of my extra room for granted
Yearning to know how to decorate all of these blank walls????
Zany crazy kids using all of this open furniture free space to run run run!

*Here are a few of the 38 pictures (sad I know) that I have taken over the last 3 weeks*
Christmas morning

Car Bear playing with his new Rescue Heroes Fort


The girls and their new kitchen


Cade got Rock Band


The girls and Cade in wearing their new slippers


Emma Claire got a Baby Alive from Aunt Madonna and Uncle John...it is way cooler than any baby I owned as a kid!


Ella Cate feeding the Baby Alive


building a "dragon" with their new blocks


Carson got cowboy boots from Grancie and Robin...he LOVES them!


sweet Courtney came to play over the break. They had fun with the girls' Dora house from Nana and G-Dad

4 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

Finally!! So glad you are back! Love your new blog look and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you with decorating!

da momma said...

happy new year guys!

Binford Family said...

I am so happy that you are beck to blogging! I have missed keeping up with you. Sad I know... we only work in the same building! Can't wait to come see your new home!

da momma said...

love the new picsture and background! ill invite ya when i finally do the swithc a roo...dont want to but family members are bugging me about keeping my kids safe...