Monday, December 8, 2008

Work Filled Weekend

I am sure that getting a house ready to rent is much like getting a house ready to sell, but I couldn't be sure because I have never sold a home.

This weekend we worked on some last minute things that we need to do before our house is ready to become a rental property. Our listing agent told us that the ugly wallpaper in the bathrooms needed to go. Sam and I knew that, but we have been a little short on time for the last 4 years, so we just lived with ugly wallpaper. Throughout last week Sam, with Cade's help, had been stripping the wallpaper so that the walls would be ready to texture. On Saturday evening (after we had to vacate our house so that it could be shown) the texturing began.

If you weren't sure, texturing is a REAL messy job...not for people who don't like messes (that would be me). I would have paid someone to strip, texture, and paint our walls no questions asked! However, I will admit that Sam is quite a bit wiser that I am in the financial department. With that being said he doesn't want to pay anyone to do anything unless he absolutely has to! So, he borrowed our neighbor's texture sprayer, and he did it all on his own. The walls look great, and they are ready to be painted sometime this week.

I was (and still am) a bit nervous about this whole rental property thing, even though in the long run I know it will be a wise investment. However, I think things are starting off on the right foot. We have had 3 showings in a week, and the little fix ups aren't turning out to be anything major....thanks to my hard working hubby!

Sam finishing up the texturing in our bathroom

2 comments:

The Corpian's said...

Wow, we have the same post- haha. Looks like we spent the weekend doing the same thing! Your blog made me so jealous (in a good way) we decided to bite the bullet and list our house for sale! Hopefully it sells soon, otherwise I will get lazy and give up. Since we don't HAVE to sell that will be too easy to do.

Binford Family said...

I am a little late getting onto your site. Hope she is feeling better. Had fun with you this week!!