Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pumkin Patch, Pumpkin Carving, and My Ghostess With The Mostest Girls

Today was a fun fall day for our family! The morning started off great because I got to dress the girls in what I considered one of the cutest little outfits that they have ever worn. They wore their "Ghostess With The Mostest" shirts, with a little black ballerina skirt, black leggings, and their ballet style Crocs. I LOVE dressing them up. To top everything off they were just as excited about their little outfits as I was. Emmy twirled nonstop. Tomorrow and Friday they have Halloween parties at school, so they will be wearing their costumes those days.

The girls look soooo much alike to me in the picture above! Emma Claire is on the left, and Ella Cate is on the right.

Ready to head to school.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This afternoon Carson skipped his little soccer practice so that we could go to the pumkin patch. I honestly didn't think that we were going to make it to the patch this year...we just couldn't find the time. Earlier this month I had high hopes of going to one of the cool patches that I have seen people blog about, but we really couldn't pull that off on a Thursday night. Instead we went to a little pumpkin patch that a local church organizes. It is small, but it serves the purpose.
I had 2 reasons to go to the patch...1.Find a pumpkin 2. Get pictures of the kids at the patch....Both of those goals were accomplished, sort of. We got a great pumpkin, but I was not as impressed with the pictures! The kids just weren't looking at the camera. I tried bribing, threatening, and a few other tactics, but none were successful! Sam laughed at me as I tried like a crazy woman to get at least one good picture! He always assures me that the memories are being documented regardless of who is looking at the camera, and I guess he's right! Someday my children will all look at the camera at the same time....

Emma Claire and Ella Cate


Ella Cate and Carson

Cade took this picture of Mommy and Ella Cate



Can you tell that Carson was being forced to stay still??


Ellie Cate making her silly face


The Silly Stewart Kids


Walking the patch with Daddy


finding the perfect pumpkin


carving the pumpkin


Emma Claire showing her yucky hands after pulling the pulp out of the pumpkin.


Carson gagged after touching the inside of the pumpkin. After that, he watched from a distance.


The 2008 Stewart jack-o-lantern

4 comments:

Binford Family said...

OMG!! I love the outfits... I want twin girls to play dress up with too! I will just let you carry them for me... you were a pro at it! Will your girls go to Key for Kindergarten?

Shawna Nicholson said...

Good lookin'pumpkin....and kids! Corbin and Gage were both freaked out about the inside of the pumpkin too! How funny. :)

Chelsi said...

Love the outfits!

da momma said...

so cute! I love patch pics! happy halloween!!!