Monday, October 6, 2008

Happy 10th Birthday Baby Cade!

It is close to midnight right now as I stare at my computer screen trying to come up with just the right words to let my birthday boy what he means to me. Sam has assured me that this post could wait until tomorrow, but I couldn't wait.
I spent my lunch today scanning Cade's baby pictures at school, but when I e-mailed them to myself at home something was wrong with the format. So as I have done in the past I took pictures of old pictures. Oh how I wish there were digital cameras when Cade was a baby!

Here is what my birthday boy will see when he wakes up!

New birthday outfit

Birthday breakfast

Cade is getting an I-Pod touch for his 10th b-day. However, it has not come in the mail from Apple yet, so Cade will open this note while he is eating his breakfast. I can't wait to see the look on his face! ; )
--------------------------------------------------------



How can it possibly be that I have a 10 year old at 1:38 p.m. today?! The early morning drive to DFW Hospital (now closed) back in October 1998 seems too fresh on my mind. In a way it seems that those 10 years have passed so quickly, and in another way it feels like my Caden has been a part of my life forever.

Truthfully Cade and I grew up together. At the ripe old age of 20 years and 2 months I delivered this precious child. I had NO idea what it meant to be a mommy, and there were many times those early years that I still felt like I needed my mommy! Caden has taught me so much about the important things in life, and he has helped to shape me into the person that I am today. We have a special connection and understanding, and I have had the privilege of being a mommy to this sweet and special child.

Happy Birthday sweet boy! You make your mom and dad so proud! We love you!!



Cade's first professional picture, taken at 6 weeks old, November 1998.



Cade 1 year old October 1999.
-----------------------------------------------------


Just for fun this evening I was thumbing through Cade's baby book, and I found some fun info! I came across the page titled "As The World Turns". The page was designed to record current facts from the baby's year of birth. So here are some facts from 1998!!

Most popular singers: Alanis Morisett, Ricky Martin, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees, and Brittney Spears

Most popular movies: Titanic, Armagedon, There's Something About Mary

Some prices today: a gallon of gasoline- $1.07!!!

World headlines: Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky

The facts made the year of his birth seem more distant for me! I cannot remember paying that little for gas!

--------------------------------------------------------

2 comments:

Chelsi said...

Awww, your sweet post brought tears to my eyes! It doesn't seem that long ago that I went to see Caden in the hospital the day he was born. You both really have grown up together. I always thought that Caden was your saving grace. He changed you so much and turned you into the person you are today. Happy birthday Cade!

Shawna Nicholson said...

Happy 10th Birthday Caden! Wow..I can also remember that day in the hospital and showing up and seeing Caden for the first time...First thought that came to mind.."He looks like an old man Sam!!" I think I said it out loud too! Very good post ERica! I too had the tears. :) See you this weekend!