Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Cade's Big Day

Cade had a fabulous 10th birthday! He woke up and loved all of the birthday decorations, birthday cookie cake breakfast, and is soooo excited about his gift from us, the I-Pod Touch. He has asked me 100 times today when it is going to arrive in the mail. I got an e-mail that it was shipped yesterday, so he shouldn't have to wait much longer!
Since today was a school day he got to have his name announced on the morning announcements at school, he got to wear a b-day ribbon all day, and he picked a prize from the b-day treasure box. I told him this morning that I was always jealous of kids that had a b-day in the school year! I felt like the summer babies (me...July 26) were always left out of all the fun hype that goes along with celebrating your b-day at school.


I brought Cade lunch from Chik-fil-A today, and he got to eat with his friends Jalen and Vance, his reading teacher Mrs. Price, and me. We started out eating outside in the atrium, but the bees were swarming, so we decided to move into the cafeteria.


Cade, Vance, and Jalen after we moved into the cafeteria


Cade's friend Ore made him this sweet b-day card and gave it to him during lunch.

This picture is taken from a terrible angle, but it shows our little lunch group, so I had to post it!



Cade chose to eat at Outback for his b-day dinner. Hooters came in as a close second choice....I was keeping my fingers crossed that Hooters would not be his first choice!


The fam at Outback


Cdae getting ready to dive into his steak


10th birthday dinner

**What a fun and special day for our guy! I think Cade wishes everyday was his b-day : ) **

No comments: