Sunday, July 27, 2008

My 30th Birthday...A Big Surprise and A TATTOO!!!

Saying that I had an awesome 3oth birthday is an understatement! I spent the early part of the day working out and taking a trip to the mall with the little ones. I then got ready and headed to meet Chels, Brenda, and Karri at North Park. It took me almost 2 hours to get there due to some major traffic on 75. We strolled around North Park for a little bit. As we were strolling Chels kept saying how hungry she was, and how badly she wanted a strawberry margarita from Chuy's. I thought that it was a little unlike her to be in a big hurry, but I really didn't think much of it. I had no idea what she had up her sleeve! When we finally got to Chuy's there was a table full of my favorite people waiting to celebrate with me! What a surprise!! They had all been waiting for an hour due to my traffic problems and stroll at North Park, but they didn't seem to mind. ; ) My mom, Robin, Julie, Madonna, Sabrina, and Sandy were there to meet our group. We had a great time eating yummy food from Chuy's and delicious cookie cake! Chels and Julie went way out of their way to plan such a fun evening for me!
After dinner Chels, Brenda, Karri, and I headed to Deep Ellum for one more drink and a tattoo for me!! I have been wanting a tatoo for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure why it was something I desired, but I have almost gotten one on numerous occassions. All the other times I either chickened out or different circumstances came up. However on such a monumental occasion...MY 30th B-DAY...I was getting a tattoo no matter what! We headed down to Deep Ellum to find "Elm Street Tattoos" which came highly recommended. We found the tattoo parlor, then went to the bar next door to have one last drink. Upon entering the tattoo parlor I knew that I wanted a tattoo to honor my 4 sweet babies, but I wasn't sure exactly what. I wanted it to be simple, and I wanted it to be on top of my foot. I wound up deciding that I wanted four little hearts in a row...one for each of the little ones that I will love forever and always. My tattoo artist Joe was so patient with me. I was very obviously a rookie in that place. They said that I was the only person that they had ever seen read the waiver before signing it!! With lots of butterflies in my tummy I hopped on the tattoo table and the less than 5 minute process began. It hurt, but not near as bad as I thought it would! I am happy that I went through with it! I can't wait for someone to ask me what the four hearts stand for! The picture below is one that I took this morning right after removing the bandage. Sadly, I was too scared to bring my new camera to document the whole experience, but Chelsi documented the whole thing! Check out her blog for a play by play of the evening!!




3 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

I'm so proud of you!! Sorry I couldn't be there.

Chelsi said...

What a fun night! I will put my pictures up ASAP. Right now I am waiting to take a survey...

Unknown said...

it looks like you guys had a lot of fun, chelsi did a good job planning. A tattoo is a great way to celebrate your 30th b-day. They are addicting!! :)