Saturday, July 19, 2008

I Feel VERY Special!

Wow! What an awesome day today was! In exactly one week I will be 30 years old, and today the celebrating began. ; ) The day started with a fun play date with Brenda, Chels, Carter, and Colt at "Going Bonkers" in Lewisville. I don't have any pictures because when I was leaving the house to meet my friends I couldn't find my camera (I'll explain later). Check out Chelsi's blog for lots of pictures from our adventure.
After we had a late lunch at Jason's Deli we headed back home to pick up Sam and meet my mom, Robin, and Caleb for my b-day dinner. We did it a week early because Sam is about to leave for a business trip to Virginia, and he will be gone on my b-day. We met at Saltgrass (a favorite of mine). The kiddos knew we were celebrating something big because all 4 of them were absolutely PERFECT!! I opened my gifts and cards right away. My bro gave me a sweet card and a gift card to Old Navy...yea! My mom, Robin, Sam, and the kiddos went in together and got me a new camera!!! They got me the Canon Rebel XSI. I knew nothing about this camera. The only nice camera that I know anything about is the Nikon D80 that my BFF Chels has. However, Sam has been doing alot of research and he assures me that this is the camera for me! I am so excited and thankful that I can retire my old camera! Sam knew how happy this gift was going to make me! He was dying for me to open it. The whole afternoon he tricked me by saying "don't get your hopes up", "I got creative on this gift", and "I stayed in budget" ; )...he just loves surprises! Oh...the reason that I couldn't find my old camera to take pictures of my morning play date is because my thrifty hubby tried to sell it to the camera shop. Needless to say they didn't want the poor old camera who has been through a whole lot in its 4 years in my possession! I will never forget how special my family made me feel on my 30th b-day celebration! I love all of you!!
Mom, Sam, me, Caleb, Cade, Carson, Ella Cate, and Emma Claire after dinner at Saltgrass...courtesy of the "old camera"

My new camera without the lens. I have promised myself that I will read the manual on this camera, cover to cover. In August I am going to take a class at the store where Sam bought the camera...I have lots of learning to do!


all that is left of the yummy cookie cake that Mom and Robin brought for me...I ate most of it!

Carson shopped for groceries with me after dinner this evening and he picked out the Batman tank and boxer brief set

Cade came shopping with me too...he picked out this shirt that he is VERY proud of...oh the taste of a boy approaching 10...



3 comments:

Fred's Mama said...

Happy early birthday! What a great gift! We just got a Cannon Rebel XSI as well! It's an awesome camera! Have fun! (That's a lot of exclamation points!)

Shawna Nicholson said...

One of the last of us to turn the big 3-0!! I hope you have a good birthday week and I really hope I get to see you and give you your present! :)

Chelsi said...

I am so excited that you got such a GREAT present! You know I appreciate a good camera! This is going to be fun!!