Monday, May 2, 2011

4th Grade TX Party 2011




I am finishing my 7th year teaching at Key Elementary, and each year I've been lucky enough to be a part of the 4th grade TX Party. This is an awesome day organized by our 4th grade parents to culminate our study of TX History in 4th grade. We do TX crafts, line dance, play horse shoes, learn to rope, have potato sack races, eat BBQ (some years) hot dogs (other years), drink Dr Pepper, pose with a longhorn (some years) or a pony (this year), and have a day full of TX size fun! I look forward to it every year, but the older I get the more it tires me! Ha!! :) Wouldn't trade it though! Here I am with my sweet 4th graders!

This year one of our super creative parents made "Wanted" signs for the teachers

Soooooo funny!!
My kiddos making a bluebonnet frame

they make me smile!






Hearing about the pony from cowboy Ticknor

soooooo much fun!


There is even a TX tall tale play ever year! The kids really get into it!





The 4th grade team that I teach with




No comments: