Friday, July 31, 2009

A Perfect Night for Baseball

Thursday night we headed out to Frisco to watch a RoughRiders baseball game. Since we have had alot of rain lately, we were blessed with cooler temperatures (than an average late July day) and a perfect night to watch baseball!
Brenda got the tickets for us months ago, and it was planned that Brenda and her fam, Chels and her fam, and my fam (minus the girlies) would all go together. However, Brenda's plans changed, and Shawna's fam thankfully came in the Wimbish family's place.
We had a blast! Our seats were really good. We were graced with the presence of a famous chicken mascot. Cade and I split 2 Strawberry Chills! And the stadium even had a playground and bounce houses for the kids! The boys kept each other entertained, and all in all it was a perfect night!!
I definitely think this needs to become tradition...don't y'all Shawna and Chels?

We had a nice Frisco policeman capture our outing as we entered the stadium


There was a snow hill, snow machine, and huge snow mound at the front of the stadium...I was thinking maybe they were going for a "Christmas in July" theme??? We were running a little behind, so we couldn't enjoy the fun things as much as the boys wanted to, but they threw a few snowballs and posed for this picture.


Cade and Carson with their new RoughRiders caps....free with the ticket deal that Brenda got us! I swear my friend finds the best deals on tickets!!! So lucky that she is always looking out for us!



We found our seats, and Carson found his best bud Corbin! Corbin's mommy is always on time, so it was no surprise they were there 1st! Wish I could be more like that! : ) The boys were inseparable the whole evening.

Mr. Gage (Corbin's little bro) sitting on his Daddy's lap...



Carter eating a snack. Chels came prepared...smart girl!



Chels, Shawna, and I enjoying the game....20 years after I met them at Lakeview Middle School in 6th grade!!! Chels and Shawna go back even further than that!! I think that it is sooo cool that we are still great friends!



Cade enjoying the 1st of 2 strawberry Chills that we shared



the boys playing on the neat playground


blurry, but still sweet of Carson and Corbin


Carter going down the BIG slide...no fear of heights for Carter!



Carson in the bounce house



A group shot of Shawna with both her boys, Chels and her little boy, and me with lone Carson....I am missing 3 of my kiddos in this one. However it is super cute to me....my favorite of the night for sure!!


Chels and Carter after he worked up a sweat playing NONSTOP!!



the famous chicken that was really funny!


Corbin and Carson watching the funny chicken...I love this one too!



as we were leaving the boys stumbled upon what was left of the snow mound. My boys had a mini snow-ball fight that almost turned ugly. Shawna's boys played nicely as always. : )


Gage, Corbin, and Carson happy about the snow



walking to the car after a really fun night!!

1 comment:

Shawna Nicholson said...

LOVE the pic of all of us with the massive amounts of lil boys! ;) I'm definitely going to get a print of that one...if that's okay! :) Also, my boys put on a good front for playing nice...at home, they constantly fight and bicker! :)