Monday, August 3, 2009

Ella's First Haircut by an Amateur

Sunday started out like any normal Sunday, but a turn of events left the day anything but routine.
Sam had started the day off mowing the yard at our rent house. On his way home he ran over a cat that wound up dying. When he got home we sat in the front room by ourselves as he told me the very sad story. He was very shaken up, and he didn't want the kids to hear about the poor cat. In the middle of the story Emma walked in with a clump of dirty blonde hair in her hand and told us that Carson cut Ella's hair. I think that I started to hyperventilate because I was unsure how much more hair I'd find when I went into the living room. Looking back I probably should have remained more calm, but at the time I did panic a bit!
The story goes that Ella was sitting on the beanbag watching Sponge bob when Carson came up behind her and cut a chunk from the front of her hair and a chunk from the back. He used his non pointed Giraffe shaped scissors to do the job! Ella didn't care at all that he cut her hair until she saw my reaction, and then she started to cry.

The chunk of Ella's long hair. She has so much hair that what she lost is hardly noticeable!


You can see that Carson cut her some "side bangs". She is looking a bit worried here!


...and a little sad here...all as a result of my reaction! : (

When we took her braids down more hair fell out...she is posing with it here! Notice her change of dress! If she could she would wear 5 different dresses every day!

All scissors have been hidden and banned!! They can practice their cutting skills at school!!

2 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

too funny. :) You can barely tell though...that's good. I gave my cousin a chili bowl when we were younger...could have been worse!

Binford Family said...

I am sorry to laugh at that... but I couldn't stop. Poor baby, now maybe I will be able to tell them apart! Miss you can't wait to catch up, but sorry summer is comming to an end.