Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Friday 7-10-09 Broken Bow, OK

Our first (and only :( ...) full day in Broken Bow was jam-packed with fun things to do. Everyone woke up bright and early in order to make it to the place where we were going to canoe before it got too crowded and hot.
Carson was still in his undies when he posed on the ladder to Ron's top loft. Notice the sign that says Remkus in the background. This was taken from Ron's fireman uniform. He is a retired Dallas fireman, and his cabin has a fire fighter theme. The kids loved his decor!


The girls watching toons and eating their cereal.


Carson cozy with "Pookie" his elephant and "Yellowy" his yellow blanket


Wading while we waited on our canoes


Daddy and the gang


Cade showing me his Croc for some reason


Emma Claire wearing Sam's favorite swimsuit...he compliments the girls over and over every time they wear this suit!


Me and the gang after we canoed....this was my first time having my own canoe, and I need some practice. My canoe got stuck on rocks multiple times. It was a little stressful! Ella started the ride in my canoe, but ended up in her Daddy's. I don't think she trusted me to guide her canoe! ; )


Daddy and the gang after the canoe ride


We ate lunch at a neat little place by the lake. The kids fed more of their food to the squirrels than they ate. By the end of our meal we had at least 10 squirrels gathered around us!


Daddy and Em



Mommy and Em



After lunch we headed to a little river that feeds the lake. The river water was freezing, but it felt wonderful because it was HOT outside!
Emma loved swimming with her pink goggles!


Ella getting used to the river water


Cade was COLD!


Sam swam while I sat with my feet in the water and enjoyed a huge red sno-cone!


Emma waited while I took the boys in the paddle boat...the girls didn't want to go.


Mommy, Cade, and Car in the paddle boat



Sam took a turn to paddle boat with the boys too.



The girls played ring-around-the-rosie in the water


fun times!


they jumped in


Sam and Ella Cate


swimmer-man Carson


getting ready to jump in to Daddy



the little stand where I got my yummy sno-cone

No comments: