Friday, September 2, 2011

Emmy Lost Her 1st Tooth!!

Labor Day started off with a bang for us!! On Friday before our long anticipated Labor Day weekend, I went in for my daily Kindergarten lunch visit (my conference period happens to fall in their lunch time :)), and my Emmy was missing a tooth!! I could see her gums were a little bloody, so I asked her if Mrs. Binford had pulled it before they came to the cafeteria. She told me that it had just happened. I asked her where the tooth was, and she gave me a little smile and shrugged her shoulders, so I began my search! I first looked on her tray with no luck, and then I went to the floor! Under the table was a little ball of chewed up pizza! I picked it up, and hidden inside was a perfect pointy tooth!! I guess she was chewing and felt something hard and just decided to spit that bite out!! Niiiicccceeee, not a manner I taught her!! Anyhow, I was so glad that I found it! By this point there was a little bit of a scene at Mrs. Binford's cafeteria table! The lunch monitor took Emmy aside and gave her a special pink treasure box to keep her tooth in! She was on cloud 9 and glowing with pride!! I couldn't have been more thankful to be a part of that moment!!
Showing off after we came home from school!!

The tooth fairy brought her $5 and a note with her name in glittler! She was so excited!


We did a little impromptu session in the girls room that is in bad need of a decluttering!!
Here are Car and Emmy (J.B. necklace and all) Sweet Car was so happy for his sissy and her 1st tooth loss!! :):)

Mommy and the proud girl minus 1 tooth

Car and mommy

Ella Belle and a desk that holds all of my miniature hoarders goodies!!

My girls!!
We enjoyed the rest of Labor Day. Sam took everyone to see The Smurfs while I had a hair appointment Saturday, and the kids spent the night with Grancie on Sunday. They got to go see Spy Kids 3, eat at McDonalds twice, and get toys from WalMart, while Sam and I ate dinner, shopped, and saw a movie!!! Sooooo nice!!
On Monday I met up with everyone at Rosemeade Pool for the last swimming day of the season! The kids didn't seem to mind swimming in freezing water when it was in the mid 70s outside, but no adult touched the water! :) I won't complain though after all of the unbearable temps we've had this summer!! It felt amazing!! Now if we only had one more day off work and school!

Ending with a few random pics that someone other than me took on my camera!! I love seeing what my kids choose to shoot pics of!! Their favorite subject has to be their Sophie-girl!!

Ella

Emmy took these of Ella Cate and Sophie!



2 comments:

sara said...

funny about the tooth, my first thoughts... Mrs. Binford MUST have gotten her hands on her! Ava is about to lose tooth #3, prob tomorrow :)

Binford Family said...

Little miss never even told me it was loose!! I am just glad she didn't swallow it!! Such cute pictures!!! So proud for her.