Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Visiting Mommy's Summer School

Today Carson, Ella, and Emma spent the day with me at my summer school. I'm teaching kids that are entering 1st grade. It's an enrichment program for ESL students. The kids are the same age as Carson, and only a year older than the girls. I miss my own kids every day, so I asked my summer school principal if they could come visit for the day. I'm at a different school than I teach at during the school year, so everything was new and exciting for them. The girls LOVED it, and so did Carson, until about 10:00. It was at that time that he realized that he was going to have to do "school work", and it wasn't all fun and games. He was going to try to hold out for computer lab at 11:30 :), but he didn't make it. Daddy came to get him, but the girls stayed with me all the way to the end of the day at 2:20. They were so great. They worked hard, and treated me just like I was their teacher. It will always be a fun memory for me!

ready for a day at summer school!

going through the breakfast line with another set of twins!! This was the girls 1st school cafeteria experience...great practice for next year!

My kids weren't too fond of the breakfast this morning...sausage on a stick wrapped in a pancake with syrup to dip it in. It looked like a corn dog...can't say that I would've eaten it either! :)

Ella Belle and sweet Emily. I've gotten to teach Emily 2 summers in a row!

Silly kiddos wouldn't pose for me!

restroom break! Justin was in kindergarten last year with Carson, he had the teacher next door to Mrs. Binford. He and Carson were quick buddies.



word work...this was when Carson said "WAIT! It's summer, and this is not what I want to do!" Ha!

Ella Belle worked hard!


The girls got to enjoy centers at the end of the day, and Emmy had fun in the play doh center!


Ella loved the home center!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

What a fun treat!