Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer School is in Full Swing!

2:20 pm today marked the end of my 8th day teaching summer school...11 more to go!! I'm teaching kids entering 1st grade. I have 18...all by myself! To me, that seems like 50 4th graders! They are so fun, but so little! I signed up for it, and the $ is great so I'm not officially complaining, but by golly it's a long day. These sweet ones do not leave my side from 7:45-2:20. They don't go to P.E./Music, no recess, and I have to eat lunch at their table, so there are NO breaks for me! The one thing that saves me is Discovery Education a.k.a. United Streaming. It's an educational video website that has age appropriate videos that are geared toward the curriculum that we are studying. It gives me at least 20 minutes everyday...ha!!

2 comments:

Binford Family said...

this post makes me laugh!

Shawna Nicholson said...

Love unitedstreaming too! :) I had a good laugh with this post too... especially after last summer! :)