Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Carson's Kindergarten Graduation

Back on Friday, May 27 Carson graduated from Kindergarten at Key. I've been meaning to do this post for weeks, but teaching summer school has gotten in my way!!
What a wonderful afternoon we had! I took a half day, so I was able to really enjoy this special moment with my sweet boy! I had a reeeaaalll hard time choosing pictures, so beware of picture overload!

Carson and the most amazing kindergarten teacher of ALL time, Mrs. Binford.

Here is my man before he left for school the day of his graduation.

Car and his mama

the stage ready for the kindergarten class of 2011


Carson's spectators, minus his daddy who was taking the pic

They walked out to the "real" graduation song, whatever that's called...I teared up!!

Key Kindergarten grads 2011

Mrs. Jackson (assistant principal), Carson, and Mrs. Chumchal (principal)


Carson's sweet friend Miss Ava

getting an award, and amazed by how many books his buddy Jason had read!


moving his tassel

Carson and his special friend Arianna

Mommy and Carson

Car and Arianna

Carson and Sammy

Carson and his twin friends, Kennedy and Bella

Ava and Carson

Carson and Jason

Proud Mommy and Daddy

We let Carson choose where he wanted to eat his graduation dinner, and of course he chose Spaghetti Warehouse, his all time fave! We figured instead taking him to the one in Arlington we'd take him to the one in The West End. We had a great time!!

walking in The Westend...it was way different from what I remember it being in my childhood, many places have gone out of business!!

Sam got me flowers from a vendor, made me happy! :)


thumbs up! The bear got his wish to sit in the train!

Mommy and Ella Belle

train at Spaghetti Warehouse!




The waiters sang to him!!

Posing in front of the old Planet Hollywood


We walked to the grassy knoll to see where JFK was shot

Sam almost bought a $7 travel brochure about the grassy knoll from a drunk guy!


looking out at the x that marks the spot where JFK was shot. The only people that really "got " the whole signifigance were Cade, Sam, and I. For the little ones it was just a fun scenic walk.

Miss Ella Cate with her mama's rose

What a fun night to celebrate our big graduate!

2 comments:

sara said...

cute pictures!! i love the one of ava & Carson of course!!

Binford Family said...

Carson you had SUCH a great year! I am sad to see it is over and that you are going on to 1st grade. You will always be dear to my heart. I will miss you so much but am so excited for your next year in 1st grade. You will DO great!! Love you sweet boy!