Wednesday, February 9, 2011

New Bedroom Furniture!!!

We FINALLY got the little ones bedroom furniture!! I'm embarrassed to say that they were still in toddler beds, which were way too small. With the downtime over the icy days we found what we wanted, at Costco, and we got everyone settled in new rooms and new beds. We no longer have a playroom because that is Cade's new room. Since he is starting junior high next year, we felt that the time has come that he and Carson be in separate rooms. The girls moved into the boys old room because it's the biggest bedroom aside from the master. They have a cute white bunk bed. Carson moved into the girls old room complete with a full size bed. They love their new setups, and the bunk bed that the girls got is a big hit among everyone!



I was able to find good bedding that I love for them, while sticking to a budget.
The bedding search began on the Internet. I wanted Pottery Barn Kids bedding for their new beds. Not only is it cute, it's awesome quality! We had PBK stuff on the little beds, and it never disappointed! So as Sam was slaving away putting beds together, I was perusing the PBK website. The cheapest twin size quilt I could find was on sale for $79.99, and I didn't even like it. There were no full size quilts on sale, and I knew I wouldn't be heading to the Pottery Barn outlet in San Marcos anytime soon. I knew for a fact Sam wouldn't go for me paying full price for any of the quilts, because they were ridiculously expensive.
All of a sudden I got an idea! When we were shopping for bedding when I was pregnant with the girls we got their stuff at the PBK store in Dallas on Knox Henderson, and it was super cheap. My theory is that everyone who lives near that store doesn't have to search for sale items. They have the cash to buy whatever the heck they want. The store is less than a couple of blocks from the streets of Highland Park.
I decided to call before we headed all the way to Dallas on the still snowy streets. And hallelujah I was in luck!!

Saturday evening we headed to Dallas, and of course we had to make a stop at Chuy's on Knox Henderson before we walked over to the PBK store. Yummy


I found 2 twin PBK quilts for $49.99 each!!! Less than quilts I saw at Target! They were regularly $129.00. We also got matching green Gingham flannel sheets for $26.99, regularly $69.00!!

I love how these sweet quilts look on their beds!


I found a great PBK quilt for Carson there too. I paid $59.99 for this full size quilt, that still shows up online for $159.00. They didn't have any sale sheets to match Carson's quilt, but we chose some red t-shirt material sheets from Target (they cost more than the girls PBK sheets!).


You can't tell here, but Carson's bed is a platform bed, and there are storage cubbies underneath, great for toy storage, especially now that we are without a playroom!

Proof of my awesome deals!! If you are ever in the 75 and Knox Henderson area stop by this PBK store! I'm telling you there are some good deals to be had!


The kids are so content with their new beds! We have now gone 3 nights without anyone getting out of their bed, and that was a big problem before!

4 comments:

Binford Family said...

so cute! I heard all about his new bed yesterday in class- the storage under it. He was so proud. Super, Super cute Erica!!

The Corpian's said...

Thats funny, I just posted Big Boy Bed pics too :) Must be in the air!

Chelsi said...

SO cute! Love both the quilts and the good deals! I LOVE the PBK on Knox- wish I lived by it- ha! I also LOVE Chuy's. The other night I dreamt I was eating a Chuys and it was so good and I woke up starving! I must go there soon!

Shawna Nicholson said...

lol. I was thinking like you when making the throw pillows! ;) I hope they like em!