Sunday, January 27, 2008

Our Very 1st Stomach Bug!

This weekend the girls came down with their very first stomach bug! Can you believe that neither one of them has thrown up (aside from tiny spit-ups when they were infants) until this point?
Well it all started when I got home from school Friday afternoon....I pulled a bright blue note out of the girls' backpacks that said "please make sure that you are washing nap mats because several children in our calssroom have gotten sick in the past week"....uh-oh. I didn't think too much of the note until we were at Luby's eating dinner. Ella Cate REFUSED to eat anything...normally at Luby's she eats more than Carson! She was still acting chipper, but on the way home from Luby's she got very quiet. Just as we were pulling into the garage we heard the oh so lovely sounds of puking. All I can say is it was everywhere...all over her, the carseat, and the van! Yuck! Sam quickly told everyone to hold their nose, and he grabbed Ella Cate. Thank goodness he is better at me at handling puking! We got the girls to bed, and I then proceeded to sanitize everything! I waited on pins and needles all night for her to throw up again, but she didn't. Saturday morning Ella Cate seemed herself so we went on with our day. I convinced myself that she had gotten sick from something she ate, because noone else seemed to be feeling bad.
Fast forward to Saturday evening at 7:00 pm (24 hours after El's puke session). Sam was doing bedtime routine with the girls. He was sitting on their bedroom floor reading "Please Puppy Please" to them. He said just as he finished the book and went to pick up Emma Claire he heard her burp, and you guessed it...she threw up all over the carpet that is not even a year old. "Oh well" I thought as I shop-vaccumed the floor, "she will just throw up once because that is what El did." Oh was I wrong! I guess illness really does affect people differently! She proceeded to throw up in her bed 15 minutes later. I guess after that she knew what it felt like to throw up, and she would cry for me right before she threw up. I would grab her and run to the potty, and she would throw up like a big girl, this happened 3 times...poor baby! She was so miserable! She threw up for the last time around 9:00 pm Saturday night, and she woke up better this morning.
Noone else has gotten sick yet, but believe me...I am watching and waiting. I put a bucket in Carson's bed at nap today, and I gave him instructions on what to do if he felt sick. I am sooo tired of cleaning up vomit!

No comments: