Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Cowboy Day

Today was "Cowboy Day" at the kids' school. The school does "Cowboy Day" in conjuction with The Fort Worth Stock Show, which is in full swing. The kids get to dress up, have a cowboy lunch, play cowboy games, and do cowboy crafts. Needless to say Carson has been looking forward to wearing his cowboy hat to school for quite sometime! They all wore their "cowboy duds" with their rain boots, since I refuse to go out and buy them cowboy boots that they will wear once.
Carson reassured himself tonight that "his boots were real cowboy boots". After a little questioning I found out that a couple of kids told him that "his boots were just rainboots". I felt sad for him. : ( Next year I vow to buy my children "real cowboy boots". Who wants to be known as the mom that sends their kids to school in rainboots on "Cowboy Day"?!


Cowboy Carson chhesing it up before leaving for school.


Cowboy Cuties heading for the tree to take apicture.

No comments: