Friday, November 23, 2007

Turkey Time in Texarkana

On Thanksgiving morning we loaded up the car and headed to Texarkana for Thanksgiving. I have spent every Thanksgiving for 29 years in Texarkana, and Sam has spent the last 10 years celebrating Thanksgiving there. It just wouldn't feel like Thanksgiving if we weren't there! Needless to say it was a whirlwind of a day. We arrived at MoJo's and Wiss's (my maternal grandparent's) at noon for lunch. At 2:00 we headed to Reon's and Curt's (my aunt and uncle) house for dessert and a visit with Nana and Papa (my paternal grandparents). After that, we headed to Granny and Pa's (my great grandparents) to see them. Every house (except MoJo's) felt like I was having to contain wild animals. The girls and Carson were everywhere, and I just new that they were going to break some decorative item. This was my first Thanksgiving with the girls being mobile...and it was not easy to say the least!!! After visiting with Granny and Pa we headed back to Mo's to watch some of The Cowboy's game. By 5:00 Thanksgiving evening we were back in the car heading home to Arlington. It was so great to get to see everyone, however by the time we got everyone in bed Sam and I were TOTALLY beat!!!
The picture above is of The Stewart 6 in front of Mo's house. I really wish that I would have moved the ugly white chair, but oh well...I will take what I can get...family photo-ops are few and far between!!


The girls and Carson covering Cade with pebbles from Mo's driveway.


Eating dessert at Reon's (where the kids really caused a ruckus). Shortly after this picture was taken Ella spit out a mouthful of nuts that she seemed to have stored in her cheek. I guess Ella prefers Nana's "Chocolate Delight" without pecans!


Uncle Caleb and Cade at MoJo's. I forgot to flip this picture before I uploaded it, and I am too lazy to go back and redo it!



Cade and Emma Claire at MoJo's and Wiss's house.

Our family minus the boys (they couldn't be rounded up) with Mo and Wiss.



All of my kiddos in Curt's and Reon's yard.

No comments: