Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Annual Austin Adventures

Last weekend Chelsi and I headed to Austin for our 6th annual shopping trip and best friend's weekend. This year we had a special guest come along...sweet baby Carter. We had a great trip! All of our regular stops (minus just a couple) were made; Round Rock Outlet Mall, Chuy's, Einsteins Brother's Bagels (x2), San Marcos Outlet Mall, and Barton Creek Mall. The only 2 "regulars" that we didn't make it to were The Arboretum (lack of time), and Amy's Ice Cream,(the line was out of the door)! It is so cool to me that we have made this a tradition that we DO NOT plan on breaking! We talked about someday staying downtown in The Driscoll instead of staying in a motel like we always do. I think that might be many years down the road, but I am looking forward to each and every trip that we have ahead of us...I am so thankful for our special tradition! The picture above was taken after we ate at Chuy's.

Chels and Carter were posing in front of The Chuy's sign.


This was the sign in front of our hotel. The sign looks awful, but we actually had a very nice and peaceful stay at the hotel.

Here are Carter and Chels before we left our hotel for a day of shopping. Carter was the best baby EVER the entire trip!


Chelsi noticed that Carter's bottom right tooth had broken through the skin on our first night in Austin. I was glad to be around for this special 1st!!




Carter and Bevo at the co-op.


Carter learned how to drink out of a straw on our second night in Austin. How exciting!!


Carter's 1st bagel at Einstein's on our last morning in Austin...I was sad to leave!! : (

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

I love you post! I had a great time too! I can't wait until next year!