Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Picking a Pumkin and Carving It!

This evening we headed to the only pumpkin patch (that I know of) in Arlington. Our mission was to take pumpkin pictures and pick a pumpkin to turn into a jack-o-lantern. I warned the kids on the drive to the patch that I would need to take some pictures, hoping that they would be geared up for posing when we got to the patch! Well... you can see that that warning didn't really help! I'll give my Emmy credit, she was a good subject today, but I can't really say that for everyone else! It didn't help that the patch was pretty crowded! For an extra tiny pumpkin patch nestled between Kohl's and a Methodist church, there just wasn't a whole lot of room for everyone to spread out!
Well, enough whining about not capturing the perfect shot of the Stewart 4! We had fun, and the whole experience was documented! Chels we'll leave the perfect group shot up to you this Sunday! Praying my gang cooperates...still thinking of the perfect bribe! ;)

take 2 of the group shot! Ella, Carson, Cade, Emma

Emma Claire found the perfect pumpkin!

Ellie's silly smile!

Emma and Ella

Mommy and Emma

group shot from kind of far away! Everyone was dressed prepared for the pumpkin patch except me. Today was one of my long runs for my White rock 1/2 training. I had just finished a 7.5 mile run, and I definitely looked it!

working on a pose for Mommy

Emma, Ella, Carson

Emma Claire jumping off the hay

Sam captured me taking pictures with my phone!

Snapping pictures for Facebook

Ella Cate and Daddy

sisters smiling for my phone

Cade and Carson had the best time playing chase!

Daddy and Emma

Ella Cate's little pumpkin

Cade's little pumpkin

Emmy's little pumpkin
______________________________________________________
After the patch, we headed to Chik-fil-A for a yummy dinner. As soon as we got home from dinner, it was pumpkin carving time!


The girls tried on their masks that they made at school today before the carving began!

Our warty pumpkin getting carved

the carvers....Ella was sulking for some reason at that particular moment...not sure why!

Cade, Emma, and Carson. Ella had lost interest and went to watch Sponge Bob.

yucky pumpkin goo

Carson was the expert carver, who wasn't scared to scoop the goop!

No comments: