Thursday, October 15, 2009

Caden's 11th Birthday

Last Wednesday Cade turned 11 years old!! How is it that more than a decade has passed since he was born. It really just doesn't seem possible.
I feel bad for not posting on his actual birthday. I really had the best of intentions, but somehow things never slowed down.
He had a great day! We all woke him up by singing "Happy Birthday", then he had a yummy cupcake for breakfast. He wore his new Tech sweatshirt from Grancie, and I brought him Subway for lunch at school.
Gosh 11?! I can actually remember being 11. 11 was when I started middle school, and I met my lifelong best friends at 11. I became boy crazy, and I actually had my first kiss at this age!! It was also when I entered my crazy note writing stage, and my first journal starts when I was 11. I was oh so awkward at age 11...my hair was the worst...absolutely horrible! At the time I don't really think that I appreciated being 11, but looking back it doesn't seem so bad! Maybe my memories will ease me along in raising my sweet boy through his 11th year!
Cade reminds me of myself in many ways at this age, and I'm sure he has plenty of his daddy's 11 year old ways! Here's to Cade's 11th year!
Happy 11th Birthday Cade! We love you! xoxoxo

posing on 10-07-09

cupcakes for birthday breakfast!

breakfast cupcake cake! yummy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The weekend before Cade's birthday we had a small party at our house. We had family and a few of our close friends come to celebrate Cade. We ate spaghetti, pizza, salad, and cookie cake. The kids played their hearts out, and the adults got some good talking time!

lighting the candles!

making a wish!

Robin and Ella Cate having a blast!
Cade got many great things including games for his XBox 360, I-tunes cards, $, TX Tech Gear, and more. From us he got a Nintendo DSI that is really cool! To wrap the birthday week up, Sam took Cade and his buddy Jalen to "Screams" (a Halloween theme park in Waxahachie). They had a great time!!

1 comment:

Chelsi said...

We had a FUN time- wish we could do it more often!