Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Very Close to Valentine's Day

This year is the first year in the past 3 years that I can honestly say that I "feel" Valentine's approaching. I have gone through the motions for the past few years simply because I was so consumed with that day being the girls' birthdays. I guess after 3 years Valentine's can share this day with my girls! I am trying to explain to Ella and Emma that they are my Valentine babies and their birthday falls on a really neat holiday. I just hope no boy down the road sees it as an opportunity to save $...Valentine gift and b-day gift all in one...surely that won't happen to them! ; )
Since the kids go to preschool 5 days a week they will have their first Valentine party tomorrow, and they will have another party on Friday. There are benefits to being an all weeker at their school.
Tonight I filled with candy and labeled 31 Valentine's cards, and I fixed teacher gifts. It was a bit of work, but I can't complain, I have so much fun with little tasks like that! I feel like I am back in 4th grade fixing Valentine's cards for my classmates...so fun!

My finished products...; )

teacher gifts for all 4 kids teachers

Carson chose Iron Man Valentine's


Emma Claire chose princess Valentine's



and Ella Cate chose "baby animals" Valentine's
Cade chose Fun Dip Valentine's, but he will only get to pass one round of them out. One of the sad realities of growing up! ;)



3 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

How cute!! Gosh..how many teachers do they have??? I'm guessing there are assistant teachers and things? Anyway, very cool. I'm trying hard to keep the boys involved in Valentine's projects since they are not in school or preschool right now!

da momma said...

so so cute! You aer a fun mommy!! I didnt remember that the girls bdays are vday! Thats so sweet!!!

Angela said...

aww your "treats" are so cute!