Wednesday, February 18, 2009

25 Things About Me

I was probably the last person on Facebook to write 25 random things about myself, but I finally got around to it today. I usually don't take the time to do things like this, but I actually enjoyed it! It forced me to reflect! Since I took the time to write it all I figured it may as well be a post on my blog as well...: )

1.I got hit by a truck when I was 6. Thankfully I only had a concussion and a broken leg.
2. I could eat a whole jar of grape jam, but I won't allow myself to.
3.When I was little my white hair turned green every summer from swimming so much.
4. I have always wanted a tattoo, and I finally got one on my 30th birthday last July. I have 4 hearts (for my 4 kiddos) on my left foot.
5. I have seen firsthand the miracle of a baby being born...thanks Chels!
6. I NEVER watch TV...can't find the time.
7. My first and second child are 6 years apart in age. My second child is only 16 months older than his twin sisters!
8. Some days I wish that I could be a stay-at-home mom, and other days I am glad that I work.
9.3 out of 4 of my children have blue eyes, and my husbands are dark brown! Recessive blue dominated!
10. I am named after my dad, but I have never been happy with my name. I never felt like it "fit" me.
11. If I could go back and redo school, I would try harder.
12. I am a true return freak! I will return anything and everything, just ask anyone who knows me well. I have been told that I give returners a bad name, and stores change their return policies because of people like me.
13. I NEVER pictured myself having twins, but I thank God that I did.
14.My favorite store is The Gap, and I think that it always will be. Their clothes are timeless, and I love that!
15. I am not a jewelry person. I think it costs too much, and I never have time to put it on in the morning.
16. I drive a minivan, and I swore I never would!
17. I have always been thankful that my husband is very smart with $. He has saved us lots of stress over the years, and some of his ideas are even starting to rub off on me.
18. I LOVE to run, and I have always regretted not trying track in high school.
19. I used to be a "pet person" before I had kids, now pets are added work...maybe someday that will change.
20. I met my husband of almost 11 years at a club on lower Greenville when I was 18, and I used to be embarrassed to tell people how we met. However as I mature I know our meeting was fate even if we didn't meet at a more "appropriate" place.
21. I am the only person at my gym (and probably anywhere else) that still listens to a Sony Walkman. I tried the whole I Pod thing, I just like listening to the radio better.
22. I miss my great grandpa's wisdom, genuine smile, and unconditional love.
23. I pray that my kids don't give me half as much trouble as I gave my mom growing up.
24. I am a little obsessive about getting my cardio and watching my fat intake...I have grown to be able to admit that.
25. We almost named our twins Cate and Claire...that would have been Cade, Carson, Cate, and Claire...whew what a mouthful!

3 comments:

Shawna Nicholson said...

I love it! Very cool 25 things...I don't follow facebook, so I'm glad you shared on the blog...

I'd also like to tell everyone...I had a little hand in fate when it came to you meeting Sam! :) hee hee.

Binford Family said...

Wow! I have been gone way to long! I missed alot of your blogging! Glad to be back. :) I am so sad we had to miss the girls birthday, but I was thinking about them. They looked like they had a great time and got lots of wonderful things. They need to come jump on the trampoline with Grayson as soon as it warms up!

Fred's Mama said...

It makes me laugh that you said you always felt like your name didn't fit you. Anytime (since high school) that I've ever met an Erica (or Ericka or Erika) I have always compared them to you! You are the name Erica in my mind! Isn't that funny?