Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Birthday Sweet Valentine Babies...I Mean Little Girls

Ella Cate (left) Emma Claire (right) 6 months old

I can officially say that my girls are 3, since I am typing this well after midnight! Sam and I have been preparing for our little girls to wake up as 3 year olds...wow that still doesn't feel real...how can they be 3?! We hung the birthday banner and some balloons after everyone was fast asleep. Before that we left the kids with Nana and we hit 2 WalMarts trying to find the perfect b-day present for the girls, and let's just say that a Powerwheels pink Barbie convertible mustang is sitting in a giant box in our garage. The girls will be over the moon when they see it! Lots of sweet pictures to come! Chels I think it will be a perfect opportunity for a photo-op!
I am longing to do a sweet 3 year post, but at the moment I am simply too worn out to do it. Hopefully I can fit it in over the next couple of days since we have a 3 day weekend...woo-hoo!

3 years ago today 2 beautiful babies entered our lives. Who would have known that they would perfect our family and make it whole. As I was tucking them in tonight they listened as I told them about the day that they were born. I described their sweet lips and their tiny bodies. I told them about the hats that Chelsi had fancied so that we could tell them apart...one pink ribbon, one red ribbon. I described how excited that Cade was when he saw them for the first time, and how Carson who was still just a baby himself touched their heads. I told them how they loved laying next to each other in the baby bed and all about the tiny bottles of milk that they drank (I think that was their favorite part). I explained that all of the many people that loved them came to see them for the very first time at the hospital, and that the same people would be at The Little Gym for their party to celebrate their 3rd birthday.

Happy Birthday sweet girls! We love you with all of our hearts.




sadly around the time the girls were born my pictures were terribly disorganized. Most of my pictures from their birth are on Kodak Gallery, and they are not on my computer...I've got to do something about this!! However, this picture was taken right before the girls 1st birthday, oh how they have grown!!


1 comment:

Chelsi said...

Awww, sweet post. It brought tears to my eyes when you wrote about the hats. What a sweet memory. We can't wait for the party today!